Sunday, March 13, 2011

Skipper's back yard


Last night was a perfect spring evening for a barbecue in the backyard of Skipper's house. Everytime we go over to Skipper's house I am awed by the history of this old homestead. His ancestor, George Wright is the person who offered the land for what is now Paris, Texas.
I wonder how many founding fathers of Paris and Lamar County have sat outside on this particular lawn and discussed the politics of the day.
As we were sitting and talking I couldn't help but notice the play of light on an old shed, the way the light was hitting the old bathtub in the garden and the light streaming from the back door. I didn't bring my camera but David had his. He let me use his camera and tripod to take the images of the evening.
Thank you Skipper and Paul for inviting to share the evening.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape