Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A day at the horse farm

Tuesday, David's photography class traveled to a horse farm near Honey Grove, Texas to take pictures. Chad Smith, the teacher, graciously allowed me to tag along.

We shot between the hours of about 10 am to noon. It was hard for me to get my exposures correct. You have to think fast around horses!

The horse farm was just beautiful. The day was beautiful and the horses were stunning. I'd like to have the opportunity to return to the farm at day break or sun set to try to take a true portrait of these absolutely beautiful animals.























































2 comments:

  1. My favorite is the close-up of the eye, with the reflection. Very creative! I also like the pic looking out through the barn's big door to the outside, especially the way it is "framed." The horses are beautiful - I hope you get to go back and do the portraits you mentioned.
    AB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good pics! I like the same ones as Annie. I will add one more though. The benches with the light shinning through is good too. You wouldn't have gotten that one at dawn or dusk!The running horse works too, even though there's no sharp focus point. Wayne

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape