Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wow.

I want a Vook for Christmas. Did you read the article in the New York Times about Bradley Inman and his new platform for e-books? This handy-dandy thing has text, videos and twitter all rolled into one.

Times are changing and apparently books are not immune from progress. Gutenburg and his 1440 press will soon be like the rotary dial phones from a couple of decades ago. The information freeway is under construction once again.

I know, people want to be able to hold a book and experience the feel of turning the pages. I like to hold a newspaper in my hands, so I really do understand. But I also think this platform opens up a whole new realm of possibilities for writers and for readers.

This gives a whole new meaning for bedtime stories!

1 comment:

  1. so how is this different than a computer? i mean, i can read books and watch videos on my mac? i don't get it. give me good old-fashioned books any day!

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape