Wednesday, April 8, 2009

David Hockney-ish class photos

Eddie and his cat.







These pictures are from a park full of all different colors of trailers in Paris, Texas.

Eddie, from next door watched my every step as I took his neighbor, Betty's trailer house for about 3 or 4 days.

When I went back over to the trailer park after photography class to ask Eddie if I could take a picture of him and his trailer house, he was ready for me. He had already gone through all the neighbor's trash cans until he found a doll so that I could put it in his picture. He also chased his cat around for about 30 minutes until he caught it so it could be included. Betty had her dog in her picture. However, the cat did not want any part of having some strange fat lady take his picture. I snapped the picture and the cat was gone to watch from under the light green trailer across the way.

Because I had to go back to Betty's trailer several times to get just the right pictures, I brought her a geranium as a thank you gift for her trouble. Eddie was even ready for this possibility. When I asked him if I could get him a thank you gift, he handed me a small torn piece of notebook paper that had two things on it. 1. Rose Fertilizer. 2. Okra seeds. He had apparently thought long and hard about just what he needed. Practical.

Eddie is kind of the leader of the trailer park. He is the go-to guy of the neighborhood. I haven't gotten back my final print that I turned in yet. But when I do, I am going to take it over to show Eddie. I think I'll pick up some Miracle Grow to take along with me.

Tricia, my son's ex-girlfriend

This is going to sound like a potential Jerry Springer show. When my son and his girlfriend broke up several years ago, she and I remained friends. In fact, when I opened up my business she worked for me for about 8 or 9 years.

When I first learned about this assignment I asked Tricia if she would mind helping. I wanted to take some nude photos of my ex-secretary who was my son's ex-girlfriend. She said agreed and we took the photos. I paid her $50 for being willing take her clothes off during her lunch hour and sit on the table in my office.

The shoot turned out to not be quite what Vaughn wanted for the assignment. Well, I had to call her back and ask her if she would be willing to do it again. She was willing but her husband was not. This time we had to cover her with a black scarf.

I can only imagine what he was thinking when I called her back for a second time!

1 comment:

  1. god i LOVE the trailer park shots!!!!!! what a great opportunity to do more and have a really wonderful show!! imagine how proud eddie would be to see a huge image of himself in a gallry!!! c'mon ginger!!! DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape