Saturday, August 17, 2013

Yesterday, David and I piled into the car and headed north with no idea where we were going. David thought it might be fun to have one last trip before school started. Through twists and turns we ended up at Crater of Diamonds State Park in Murfreesboro, Arkansas.  I think it is the only place in the world that is open to the public to mine diamonds.

We spent a wonderful afternoon playing in the dirt and hoping to hit the jack pot and come home diamond millionaires.  We didn't find a diamond but we did come home with a bag of wet dirt.
I don't think I've had as much fun playing in the sand and picking out rocks since I was five.  Turns out, David had a great idea.  We came home with our shoes filled with sand, happy hearts and slightly sun-kissed faces.




 

 

 
 Note to self:  Next time put a hat in the car just in case and remember your glasses if you are looking for tiny pieces of diamonds in a huge field of dirt.

1 comment:

  1. You were in my old neck of the woods! I read that some kid found a huge diamond there a few weeks ago, and didn't even have to mine for it - he just walked over and picked it up! Glad to read a little about you and hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape