Friday, September 24, 2010

Playing with cowboys and army guys


OMG, have I had fun today playing with other people's toys.

My son Stephen, a former Army Ranger, and his girlfriend Rhonda came over this afternoon and he put together the army tableau for me. They both held the flashlights to help me light the scene and take some pictures. How often does a mother get to play army with her 30 year old son?


Learning how to light the cowboy and his horse was an experience. It took me 4 hours and 5 different lights to determine that the size of the light worked better when it was scaled to the size of the toy. Obviously, I'm a slow learner.


I have about 5 other 'scenes' ready to photograph. Sure wish I didn't have to stop and cook supper. It would be so much more fun to play!







3 comments:

  1. The cowboy shots are superb. The soldier shot seems to sharp and bright around the base. If the upper torso had the sharper light and focus it would help us better to suspend disbelief and see him as real, as we (I, at least) do much more easily with the cowboy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with the cowboy shots. Love your use of light. And your set up..well done. I should say your work space, well that is a stunning shot in and of itself. Well done Ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, the cowboy shots and the doll faces (esp. that second doll). The lighted cowboy shot is spectacular. Good luck with this assignment. Looks like fun!! Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape