Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pinhole Photography Class

Vaughn Wascovich is teaching a pinhole photography class during the May 2010 mini-semester at Texas A&M Commerce. It is fast, furious and fun. Included are a few of the photographs I have taken so far in this class.

A pinhole camera is basically a box with a small pinhole poked through a piece of an a thin aluminum can. Light goes through the small pinhole and focuses on a piece of coated paper or film to produce an image. This is why these images presented here are very soft focused. I must say this is much harder than I expected. This class is making me very much appreciate the pictures from the 1800's.










1 comment:

  1. Great! I have a pinhole optic for my lensbaby but I haven't taken many pictures with it. I must experiment.

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape