Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Comments Suggestions and Critiques Requested!

I am taking a formal portrait photography class this fall. Any comment, suggestion, critique, observation will be most appreciated. Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings. I'd rather read something on GoogleBlog and have the opportunity to correct it before it gets put before my class and have the teacher give his oral remarks in front of everyone else!

Our assignments include Rembrandt, Open Loop, Split-Face, Butterfly, Kicker, Flat, Rim, Reflector, Broad and Short.

We must incorporate the following types of portraits into the final submissions: head and shoulers, full body, 3/4 body, profile, fashion, boudoir, glamour, bride, high key, low key, infant, toddler, teen, senior citizen, couple, family group, sports, theater, or small product.

Here is what I have taken for week 1




























3 comments:

  1. I think you did a super job, Ginger! These photos look great! *two thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great images. My favourite is no 4 from the top. Very relaxing and beautiful.
    You know, my granddaughter and I was planning on making some photos like this, but I can´t find any lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger
    I am being critical here. You have become better at portraits since you did these. I would do her over again. Top one has shadows on her face on right cheek. #2 would be better if her eyes were not shaded so much. #4 is a nice closeup, but I want to see her right eye more. The funk on her lashes is distracting, looks like she has dirt on her face (I realize it's necessary for "glamour" or whatever assignment this is. Nevertheless, these are good.
    Larry Love

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape