Sunday, June 23, 2013

Supermoon Setting over the Sunflower Field

The equinox.  The summer solstice.  I guess I've never really thought about it before. This morning once again I made the journey from my house in Faught to the sunflower field near Honey Grove.  It was a little weird experiencing the rising of the sun and the setting of the moon at the same time.  The sun was slowing getting brighter and rising higher behind me as I was trying to photograph the setting of the super moon above the sunflower field in front of me.  I tried to take pictures of both events while juggling cameras.  I had my old Canon 20D with a wide angle lens, the Canon 5D Mark II and my iPhone on the side of the road.  Thank goodness there were no passerbys!

One would think I would have this photographing of the moon down by now but I don't.  Most of the images are at f11 at 100 dpi.  I still struggle with focusing and the movement of the moon.  It just seems to go so fast as it approaches the horizon line.

Here are my best shots from this morning.  I'm going back for more pictures as the moon rises tonight but it probably will be somewhere other than Honey Grove.  The price of gas is too high!

Supermoon setting 23 June 13 from my iPhone

Supermoon setting 23 June 13 from Canon 20D

Supermoon setting 23 June 13 Canon 5D II


 
Sunrise pictures as I turned and took pictures of the sun rising on 23 June 2013 across the road from the sunflowers.
 
20D image
 
 
iphone image
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape