Monday, December 9, 2013

Aftermath of the ice storm in Paris, Lamar County, Texas

It looks like Paris was hit with an ice bomb.  Streets have been blocked with downed trees and dangling power lines due to the ice storm that hit last Friday.  Men with big trucks descended upon Paris and have been working round the clock to get the utilities back in working order.  We still don't have power at our house yet.  I wore the same clothes for three days straight!  I'm not much of a photojournalistic type of photographer but here is what I saw as I drove the streets trying to stay warm in the car and charge my cell phone.


 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, even though we drove around looking, it still hits hard seeing the pictures. Seems so unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paris TX will not look the same due to the loss of so many big old trees. Its so sad to drive through the area I and my fiancee grew up in and see 100+ year old trees uprooted and know that they will no longer be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger,

    I hope you have power again. We were only without it for 40 hours at our house. It was nasty enough that I didn't get out even to shoot. I admire that you did.

    rylstone

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape