Thursday, September 16, 2010

Modulated light


On White Paper

This assignment was most interesting. I tried all kinds of things to modulate light. Who would have ever thought I'd be using liquor bottles, broken mirrors, scraps of lace, a waste paper basket and old architect templates to vary light on white paper in order to make a different image? Only in Vaughn's class!

In the words of Mr. Wascovich, " Modulation- In electronics, modulation is the process of varying one or more properties of a high frequency periodic waveform, called the carrier signal, with respect to a modulating signal. This is done in a similar fashion as a musician may modulate a tone (a periodic waveform) from a musical instrument by varying its volume, timing and pitch. The three key parameters of a periodic waveform are its amplitude ("volume"), its phase ("timing") and its frequency ("pitch"), all of which can be modified in accordance with a low frequency signal to obtain the modulated signal. "

Next, my plan is to take these modulated images of light and layer them into my other product pieces to create a new and interesting image.



























3 comments:

  1. I thought your last assignment was difficult. This one even more so. I think you did a great job with the choices you made to direct the light onto the paper. Each made for a fascinating design. Well done Ginger on another tough assignment. It is always a pleasure to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Ginger. I love the way straight lines build into a circle. You have fascinating images.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Goodness, Ginger. I love this course, because its a challenge. You have a great eye and I cannot begin to say how excited I am to see your next step in the process! Sharon Legg aka inmysolitude43 on dA

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape