Monday, February 4, 2013

The Geese are headed South

There is something about the honking of geese flying high above my head that makes me stop for a moment and ponder the wonder of life.  Today as David and I were headed to Commerce we came upon a field of winter wheat filled with Snow Geese.  They were beautiful.  Much prettier than my picture and much noisier!


I don't know if you can see them very well.  I took this with my iPhone so it isn't very sharp.


I stepped a little too close and they started flying away.


Above are two flocks of Canada Geese near Denton, Texas.  I pulled off the highway and watched flock after flock pass overhead last Tuesday on my way to class.  Must be a sign that Spring is not far behind.


I did see my shadow as the geese flew overhead!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape