Friday, July 18, 2014

A new adventure begins today

Travis Haan, July 2014
Eric Haan, July 2014
A new adventure begins today for my sons, Travis and Eric.  They are on their way to Denver.  My heart smiled as they pulled out of the driveway with their cars packed and their hopes high.  A new school and a new job is on the horizon.

They are born adventurers.  One or the other has lived in East LA, Italy, Germany, Hawaii, New Zealand and several places in Texas.  The stories they have to tell will keep you entertained for hours! Both are excellent writers.

Every time they are about to make a big change in their lives and their addresses they come home.  It is as if they need to touch home base before they step back into the world.  A warm comfortable bed, familiar food, contact with old pals, and long talks on the porch are mandatory before they head for points far away.  It is comforting for me as well to have them safe and sound and to be able to hear the hoots of laughter from the porch if just for a little while.

I must admit I encourage their adventurous spirits because I like to live vicariously through the writing of their blogs.   David and I plan our vacations based on their adventures.  I can see Denver at Christmas in my future!

Drive safely boys and have a great life.  I love you.

Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape