Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Almost done!

I finished my last critique of the semester yesterday.  I am almost done with grad school.  I write my thesis in the fall, have my thesis show and defend it in the spring and I'll be done.  I can hardly believe I've made it this far.  If all goes well, I'll graduate next spring with a Master's of Fine Art from Texas A&M- Commerce. 

Just thought I'd share a couple of my images with you.  In grad school, you do not strive to take just a technically good image but one that has meaning and is in the context of art history (and  photography) and relates to your thesis.  This is so much harder than you can imagine.  I'm doing self-portraits without my being in the image!

By next spring, I'll need to have enough images that support my thesis to make a nice showing in the university gallery. 



I'll be working all summer trying to gather materials for my thesis and shooting images. 

 

1 comment:

  1. I am just so very proud of you. I think you are doing great, and I wish you the very best on your thesis. I love the pin cushion lampshade look, but I probably would have to ask for any meaning you see in it. It looks like a fine antique. Very interesting. Just keep up your hard work. I have no good comments on the ash tray. The cigarette represents death to me, and very unpleasant at that. Plus, people struggle with those addictions all their lives. It is very sad. Hang in there. Best wishes & love you, Judy Lynn Self

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape