Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shiny metal devils

My assignment this week in PHO 210 Formal Studio Lighting was to photograph shiny metal objects.

The task was to take a photo in the studio on campus of one 3-D and one 2-D object. We used a Hasselblad medium format camera and only one light source. One image had to be on grey paper and the other had to be using something with color.

Trust me when I tell you that it is very hard to control the highlights and shadows on a shiny metal object with a single light source.

I looked like a bag lady carrying all of my equipment, props, cameras, etc., from the car to the photography studio on the 3rd floor of the journalism building.

I am pretty sure that I will not be getting any product gigs in the near future....nor do I want any!

The pictures have been printed out with care and are awaiting to be torn apart verbally by both fellow students and the teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape