Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shiny metal devils

My assignment this week in PHO 210 Formal Studio Lighting was to photograph shiny metal objects.

The task was to take a photo in the studio on campus of one 3-D and one 2-D object. We used a Hasselblad medium format camera and only one light source. One image had to be on grey paper and the other had to be using something with color.

Trust me when I tell you that it is very hard to control the highlights and shadows on a shiny metal object with a single light source.

I looked like a bag lady carrying all of my equipment, props, cameras, etc., from the car to the photography studio on the 3rd floor of the journalism building.

I am pretty sure that I will not be getting any product gigs in the near future....nor do I want any!

The pictures have been printed out with care and are awaiting to be torn apart verbally by both fellow students and the teacher.

Copyrighted Pictures

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape